Summary: Intuit’s Tech Women @ Intuit (TWI) initiative – comprised of women technologists and their allies – made great strides in 2017 to attract and retain the world’s top technical talent and create an environment where they can do the best work of their lives.
As we look ahead to the new year, this is an opportunity to reflect, start anew and acknowledge great work we want to continue. We believe innovation thrives in a workplace that includes employees with a wide range of life experiences and a supportive culture lets great ideas rise to the top. Every day, our employees inspire and energize the Intuit community to create the best place to work.
Some of the highlights from 2017 include:
- Professional growth through workshops and speed mentoring lunches to enhance careers.
- Supportive environments for each other through more than 35 Intuit Circles in San Diego, Mountain View, Plano and Israel and peer learning groups for iOS app development, ML, big data and data analytics in Bangalore.
- Showcasing why Intuit is awesome with more than 30 speakers and 100 attendees at the Grace Hopper Celebration in the US and India, as well as more than 100 speaking opportunities.
- Paying it forward by encouraging a love for computer science among students from Girls Scouts in San Diego, Girls Who Code high schoolers in Mountain View, and university women engineers in Bangalore with #SHEsIntuit.
Through efforts like these and many more, we received numerous awards and distinctions including
- CIO’s Ten Best Places to Work for Women in Technology
- Best Workplaces in Canada for Women
- Fortune’s 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity
- Fortune’s 100 Best Workplaces for Women
- Anita B. Org’s Top Companies for Women in Tech
We can’t wait to see what 2018 brings. We’re planning more opportunities to network and develop skills, a sponsorship program to develop and advance Intuit’s senior technical women, and Intuit Again expansion to the US to give those who’ve taken a break from work a chance to come back to tech.
Thank you again for helping Intuit build an amazing place to work, looking forward to an amazing year together.